Brelingo cruise control

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CANDO

Brelingo cruise control

Post by CANDO »

I enquired at my local cit dealer about fitting cruise control to my 54 reg
Berlingo multispace 2.0 Hdi as I’ve heard it can be as simple as fitting a switch & cowling + computer upload as the vehicle has multiplex wiring.
However the dealer said they had tried this on a 54 reg but had then had to remove the new parts because as the control had not been a factory fitted option there was no connection to the braking system and could not be retro fitted. He said the car ether had cruise control from new or it didn’t .
Has anyone else encountered this problem? I’m sure you could fit it to earlier versions, Is it likely cit have modified later models?
tonespeed1999
My Cars:

Post by tonespeed1999 »

on the early belingos everything run on 12v and no computers,but the latest ones have a multiplex system,a number of small computers control each electrical systems ie:one for lights and another for wipers and so on.
i think ive described it correctly,but please feel free to correct me if im wrong!!
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

I had it fitted to my Blingo last year, it works absolutely fine.
Your description of what is required is spot on, the dealer is not...........No surprise there!!
I had mine fitted for £145 I think, at Broards of Chalfont, they were however the only dealer I could find who knew anything about doing it. They did a very good job, no problems whatsoever.
CANDO

Post by CANDO »

Thanks for that Richard.
I suspected that might be the case.[}:)]
I will try to track down a dealer who knows what he’s talking about![:D]