Jon - GSF Charges??????????????

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sooty
My Cars:

Jon - GSF Charges??????????????

Post by sooty »

My son ordered a silencer for his 306td on wednesday was quoted a price for the silencer, and they had to order the part. Then also theres a £6.50 carriage charge on top.
He collected the silencer today from Cardiff, it appears the carriage charge is for the delivery to them.???
Is this right. [V]
tonespeed1999
My Cars:

Post by tonespeed1999 »

surely a big company that specializes in peugeots should keep a few silencers in stock,the 306 TD is a very common car now.surely the supplier should stand the carriage charge?.
thats my opinion,i dont know what others think????
sooty
My Cars:

Post by sooty »

They also told him that they do not stock Head Gaskets for a 306td.
Strange, I thought that they are the same as a Citroen ZX and etc with a 1.9td and its listed in the GSF Cat.
Anyway he got one local and cheaper.
I think that will be the first and the last. [}:)] [:(!]
Jon

Post by Jon »

Um, er, OK.
If you look at the www.gsfcarparts.com GSF website they are doing free carraige for all orders over £50 this month, and a flat rate of £4.OO for orders under that amount.
You have to remember that due to space constrictions the majority of branches simply cannot keep everything on the shelf, some things must come next day from the main warehouses at Birmingham or Heathrow.
I needed a BX return pipe and clip today but was miles from a GSF branch, I had to visit a competitor and they had no idea what I was talking about, luckily I knew the Citroen OE refs, and they were able to tap them in (after they had told me that they didn't do those parts).
sooty
My Cars:

Post by sooty »

OK, I agree for deliveries from main warehouse to your home address, but not when its delivered to your local warehouse and collected in person.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Fine. I guess the the branch has to pay the carriage charge. I think that whilst the free carriage offer applies, it makes sense to order over the Internet from GSF Heathrow.
Branch provides as much as they can, space allowing.
sooty
My Cars:

Post by sooty »

Don't agree, if you order parts from any local motor factor you don't get charged. [:0]
ScottFromNZ
My Cars:

Post by ScottFromNZ »

I think that you people are really lucky to have a parts source such as GSF. The parts prices overall seem VERY reasonable even accounting for a bit of freight. I have even ordered a few bits myself from GSF and even with freight to N.Z. they were still cheaper than I could buy here.