Lautrette filtration.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

JohnG
My Cars:

Lautrette filtration.

Post by JohnG »

Phoned GSF yesterday;order delivered this morning[:D][:D].Glowplugs and oil filter for Lady's Clio- Beru and Purflux; the filter in a Renault box,no less! HOWEVER,the xantia oil filter was a Lautrette Filtration (Mecafilter)item. The filter medium looks the same as a Purflux,ie concertinaed and yellow- did a forum search because I know that filtration has been fully covered here:there were no matches. Also Googled it,but not a lot of info.Does anybody know anything about these filters? I'm convinced that GSF wouldn't offer anything suspect.It's just that I have not heard of this make before,and I'm a bit paranoid about oils and filters,so can anybody put my mind at rest pleeease?
Jon

Post by Jon »

Lautrette is a brand name of Mecafiltre, who have been original equipment suppliers to Citroen for a number of years.
For example, the complete filtration system on the 1.4 HDi engines is designed and built by Mecafiltre, and is fitted on the production lines.
JohnG
My Cars:

Post by JohnG »

Thank you very much for that,Jon.That was all I needed.For my part, the confidence was there,it was the knowledge that was lacking.
John.