C2 Damaged help needed

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Steve11
My Cars:

C2 Damaged help needed

Post by Steve11 »

Whilst travelling home last night the unedrside of my C2 GT was damaged by a large metal object falling from a goods vehicle. Local dealer want £360 for parts which include front stabilizing bar, rear nearside engine mounting bracket, heatshiled and what appears to be a smaller stabilizing bar/engine mount that is situated on the nearside. I am now looking for someone local to Dartford to carry out the repairs and thought that this would be a good place to ask for any recommendations.
Many thanks
Steve
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

Hmm, cant help with local places for you, but was just wondering how you go on insurance wise for things like this. Obviously it should go down as this guys fault as he hasn't got things tied down properly or his vehichle isnt in good order. I dont suppose you managed to get his reg' number anyway in that situation. Then again he could just deny it couldnt he....[:(!]
Paul
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Any chance of you knowing what company it was if so, get in contact with them and say the location and time of the situation, if they are caring people they are likely to know which vehicle it was....my windscreen was hit by a large bit of grit from an overtaking gritter (opposite direction) wednesday morning making me need a new windscreen at a cost of £115, currently writing a claims letter to the local council with the location and time of the incident and they should be able to determine which vehicle it is. Hope thats of use.
Regards
Steve11
My Cars:

Post by Steve11 »

Forgot to mention that I was unable to get any details of the vehicle concerned and have also contacted the Dartford River Crossing re video recording but they say there cameras are unable to distinguish between different types of HGV's let alone be able to read a number plate. Thanks anyway guys.
weety
My Cars:

Post by weety »

i know a good citroen mechanic in paddock wood......is that too far for you?