Xsara airbag warning light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jochem
My Cars:

Xsara airbag warning light

Post by jochem »

Hello Everyone,
My 2000 Xsara hdi sx has developed the dreaded yellow-flashing-airbag-warning light problem. I know from some posts on here that it probably has something to do with the wiring under the front seats and I have been fiddling around making sure everything has a tight fit......the problem goes away but then comes back again.
There are a yellow, brown and a green connector under the seats as well as a bigger black connector under the driver's seat. Does anyone know how to stop the light....which wires do i need to cross? Any help would be gratefully received!
Thanks,
jochem
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

cut out the brown(seatbelt pretensioner) & green(side airbag) connectors & solder the wires direct,the connectors are crap so if you bypass them it should solve the problem.remember to disconect the battery first.
jochem
My Cars:

Post by jochem »

Thank you ever so much.....that seems to have done the trick.....I thought it was the yellow wire. I think that's why the problem kept coming back! What is the yellow wire for....do you know?
Best wishes,
jochem
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

Im living with mine at the moment. It seems to come in cycles. Initially the side airbag light will be on for a few weeks, then this will go off and the 'airbag' light starts flashing for a few weeks, then it stops and I get no lights/flashing for a few weeks then it starts again. Will have to get off my backside I suppose - there is no space under there though is there!
Cheers
Paul
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jochem</i>

What is the yellow wire for....do you know?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
im pretty sure the yellow plug is for the seatbelt unfastened warning lamp.
jochem
My Cars:

Post by jochem »

Aaaah Bliss!!
I had a gig in Norwich last night and had to drive back at early hours in the morning.......my lovely Hdi was purring away....and NO flashing airbag lights thanks to advice from forum members!
Everyone should get a Xsara....very good value.