Did it again:-(

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Did it again:-(

Post by Stempy »

Blatting down the fast lane of the M4 today on the way home from Bristol the stop light came on again to tell me I had once again lost hydraulic pressure. Luckily I was close to Membury Services so I crept along the slow lane and made it with the accumulator on its last squeeze of the brakes.
Anyway, this time I knew what the likely problem was, another air lock in the pick up tube, so I came up with a cunning plan. In the boot I have one of those electric tyre pumps that goes in the cigarette lighter, so I attatched it to the breather pipe of the LHM tank and let it rip. The tank began to expand and as it did so the pressure forced LHM down the pick up pipe and holding the engine on fast idle got enough suction going to pump her up again. Hooray.
Still need to investigate how the air is getting in as there is still no sign of any leaks. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and fork out for a new pick up pipe.[:(]
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Your leak could be either inside the tank or the hose between the reservoir and the pump. Its possible that the tube inside the tank or one of the filters has become dislodged or damaged. I seem to remember on a BX various parts clip together inside the tank.
Anders suggests for diagnostic purposes replacement of the pipe from the reservoir to the pump with a length of clean garden hose!
Jeremy