Change of diesel belts

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

davek-uk
My Cars:

Change of diesel belts

Post by davek-uk »

>> A question for GSF...
I'm going to bite the bullet and change my cam and aux belts (Xantia RP7651 XUD9TE-DHX) at nearly 125k miles.
I plan to change the water pump, pullies and tensioners this time too as - head gasket permitting - I don't want to have to do it again for another 50k miles! The B-o-Lies says the cambelt has a tensioner and two guides and the aux belt has two tensioners (manual & auto) and one guide (have I got that the right way around?)
You sell Cambelt Tensioner Kits - what do they contain? What do I need to buy? Are there manufacturers I should go for and some I should avoid?
>> And for everyone else...
What is likely to wear out before 175k that I could do at the same time? And don't say the whole car!
Jon

Post by Jon »

I'm not at work until Monday.
Off the top of my head......with regards to the alternator belt tensioner(s), does the car have aircon?
The timing belt tensioners, there is the actual roller tensioner Citroen 82933 which is GSF N13182. Then the roller pulley 083013 which is GSF N13183. So I don't know where Haynes get "tensioner and 2 guides" from. The tensioner and roller from GSF will be SKF, INA or LUK parts, original eqiuipment qulity. I've never looked at the tensioner kits, but assume that they just contain the 2 parts I mention above. Couple these with a nice OE Dayco N13113 belt, and you'll be fine.