Oxygen Sensor Identifiers & Tips

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

LeFrog
My Cars:

Oxygen Sensor Identifiers & Tips

Post by LeFrog »

I'm gonna try a get an O2 sensor from a non-Citroen dealer (they charge about five times as much as GSF does!)
1) How can I ensure that I get the correct replacement part? I'm pretty sure mine has four wires, as it has a heater circuit.
2) Do you have any tips that would ensure I get a good part?
3) Can it be replaced by the home mechanic without a special tool?
Thanks.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Why not just order one from GSF?
Not heavy so freight won't kill you and speaking from experience in Oz you should have it in 5 to 10 days.
Alan S
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Unless new types have come around -
Then there are 2 main types of Lambda sensors : 3wire and 4wire.
Threading is standardised as well.
The Lambda sensor is a generic sensor, which means it will always fit any engine - no calibration needed.
Down you go and look for the wires count.
I'm just wondering why you need a Lambda sensor for a 5year old car ?
They should last the lifetime of the car.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Yep agree with AndersDK. Just stay away from the 'one unit fit's all' type that are about. They arn't that good, a mate struggled with one on a VX Frontera untill replacing with a VX one.
LeFrog
My Cars:

Post by LeFrog »

Why am I replacing one on a five year car?

I have a problem with the car that won't go away. I have had six difference mechanics look at it (four of them Citroen) and they can't tell me what is wrong. I'm going to have to replace the parts one by one (cheapest first) until it works. Can't sell car as-is.
Not only is it coming up to five years old, it has only done 30,000 miles.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by LeFrog</i>

Why am I replacing one on a five year car?

I have a problem with the car that won't go away. I have had six difference mechanics look at it (four of them Citroen) and they can't tell me what is wrong. I'm going to have to replace the parts one by one (cheapest first) until it works. Can't sell car as-is.
Not only is it coming up to five years old, it has only done 30,000 miles.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
What's the problem?
Maybe someone can shed some light.
Alan S
LeFrog
My Cars:

Post by LeFrog »

Hi Alan
If only somebody could shed some light. I was very hopeful of receiving a smart diagnosis via a forums, but have had no luck.
The car vibrates/shakes at 1000rpm (in or out of gear). I get to 1000rpm by having a warm car with the air con on or cold fast idle. It is definately an engine problem and not a mount problem. The only other thing I could complain about is the jumpiness of the car when cold and I have noticed the recent introduction of hesitation up to 3000rpm.
When not at 1000rpm (a warm car at the idling with no air con on), the engine seems to be switching rich for too long before leveling out. You can tell this by the sound of the engine and the fact it shivers.
No fault codes. New plugs (same with old), air filter and injection cleaner. Not quite as bad if I disconnect the O2 sensor. This is why I am picking the O2 sensor.
Cheers.
gti_will

Post by gti_will »

Hi there,
Im having the exact same problems with my 106 GTi and am also looking to replace my lambda sensor.
Did you ,anage to get anywhere? Did this solve your problems?
Many thanks
Will