Brown Sagem Pump(?)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

peter1138
My Cars:

Brown Sagem Pump(?)

Post by peter1138 »

Hi,
What's the brown Sagem device at the very front of the engine bay, at the top, near the battery? I think it's a pump of some sort, and mine's taken to click every 1-2 seconds. (I'm 99% certain this isn't the LHM pump, but I could be wrong...)
I'm guessing this indicates a fault somewhere as it's started fairly recently... so any ideas what's wrong?
Cheers,
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

its definitely not the LHM pump but by the sounds of it i think it may be the charcoal canister electrovale.its supposed to click.it could be confirmed if you could post a pic of it.
peter1138
My Cars:

Post by peter1138 »

Now why didn't I think of that?
Tom.Abd
My Cars:

Post by Tom.Abd »

Pete,
Looks like the little electro-valve on the EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) system. It's been discussed before :
http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... IC_ID=4253
and the general consensus was to either ignore it, turn the radio up, or unplug it and see what happens. Either way it's nothing to cause concern. I'm sure I saw a nice diagram on a post a few days back showing the components of the system if you're interested.
Tom.
peter1138
My Cars:

Post by peter1138 »

Cheers Tom.
I guess I've just never noticed it before, and now that I have I'll always be hearing it...
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

its definitely the charcoal canister electrovalve,like i said its supposed to click so dont worry about it.
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Charcoal canister on an LPG engine? Don't they remove them when they fit the LPG kit?
//NiSk
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by NiSk</i>

Charcoal canister on an LPG engine? Don't they remove them when they fit the LPG kit?
//NiSk
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
not sure about that,dont really know much about LPG.anyway id imagine it still uses petrol though.if they do get removed when fitting those kits i would think it would be more a case of blocking off the pipes as disconecting the electrovale would likely bring on the engine management light after a while.
peter1138
My Cars:

Post by peter1138 »

It's dual-fuel, petrol/LPG, and it's a factory fitted model.