HPI check or Carwatch check ??

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Worth a try but I don't think it'll achieve much.....he's been quite clever in his ebay ad- 'V5 registration document' has been left blank, and he specifically requests phone calls, and says 'no emails'-theres nothing in writing that way.
He also says excellent 'preaccident' condition, but not mentioned its current condition, just 'very light' accident damage, and thats very open to interpretation.....
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

Does anyone know the mpg difference between a xantia sx td and a xantia sx hdi ?, i wonder if i should just get a series 1 td rather than trying to get a series 2 hdi ?,
The only reason i was looking for a newer one is because my current xantia 1.8i 16v drinks oil almost as fast as it drinks petrol and its getting expensive due to the miles i drive, my wife is going to take over my current xantia as it is a very nice car and drives perfectly, but i could do with a bit more economy
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Any news on the Ebay Xantia Mosser?
HaydnR
My Cars:

Post by HaydnR »

Possibly better HDI
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... RK:MEWA:IT
It has nothing to do with me I was just browsing. There is another also on ebay higher mileage both look as though they are being sold by dealers.
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

NP, i havent taken it any further, i just emailed the bloke i won it from and have never heard from his since, no doubt it will be back of ebay is a month of 2's time under a different username, he is just waiting for someone to bid and not do an hpi check on it,
Cheers Haydn, i already had that one bookmarked!!, just about every diesel xantia that pops up i bookmark and follow closely at the moment, i am thinking of temporarily getting myself a diesel bx so that i can take my time in finding a bargain of an HDI xantia somewhere, trouble is that 2 grand is pushing my budget right to its limit at the moment so in a month or 2's time i might be able to afford a little bit more
My 1.8i xantia flew through its mot yesterday after i had fitted new tyres, only thing they commented on was the rear suspension was slow to rise, but it seems fine to me