BX Servicing

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dillosk8ter
My Cars:

BX Servicing

Post by dillosk8ter »

Im about to service my BX14 (66,000 mile service) an bought some 'Engine Flush' product to use at oil change....tonight however I have read that these sort of products have little or no benefits and may indeed be detrimental, what do you think? (read this on BX diy site). I was also thinking of splashing out on something like 'Magnatech' engine oil, has anyone used it? Any products/items that work particually well on the BX or TU series engines?
Also what is 'Citroen Antigel'?
allmond
My Cars:

Post by allmond »

Antigel is Antifreeze.
Jamie
dillosk8ter
My Cars:

Post by dillosk8ter »

Well I look stupid now!!! lol...
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I think flushing is just a waste of money if your engine is clean and the interval from the last change is about correct. - if you have bought a neglected car and its run for 15,000 miles since its last change - it might be worth it.
On here there are a number of people with megamileage cars - none of them attribute longevity to the use of expensive oil - just changeing it regularily at the proper intervals.
For my part I have a BX TD with 196,000 miles - bought it with 163,000 and no service history (it was cheap) I find that it seems noisier on semi-synthetic so use Morris's turbo diesel oil at about £12 fror 5 litres.
Jeremy