what is it with my xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

born2die
My Cars:

what is it with my xantia

Post by born2die »

after the last breakdown I get the car back for a week go to input my code on the immobiliser and the electrics then decide that the code isnt right. So after many failed attempts phone the RAC they fiddle about disconnct reconnect the batery etc still no joy so now it looks like the immobilser has lost its code and it will have too go off to be read and recoded. If anyone on here has any sujestions then please feel free.
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

Try turning on the ignition without starting the car and then leave it like that for at least 30 minutes. This should reset the code to 1111 which you then need to enter before starting.
born2die
My Cars:

Post by born2die »

nope tried that nothing I knew I shouldhave disbled the ******* thing
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

Did you get both the red and green lights on at the same time ? It happened to me and after about 2 hours of disconnecting batteries, etc etc it suddenly started working, has not happened again since, theory at the time was something to do with the car left in hot sun for a week, but that ain't the problem now I guess. I seem to remember a thread saying that you could effectively by pass it simply by running a wire to the cut off solenoid on the injector pump on a diesel.
Pete
________
How To Roll Blunts
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 05:59, edited 1 time in total.
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Think you have to leave it at least 2-3 hours with the ignition on, and the battery in good nick
born2die
My Cars:

Post by born2die »

tried the lot bar the last one also opening doors locking soors doing a raindance etc but to no avail. it was just the red light looks like its an ecu fault according to the specilist that has been out to look today.