How much is fuel in your area

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

caveman_si
My Cars:

Post by caveman_si »

just spent the weekend in belguim with the inlaws and diesel there is about 80cents a litre :( (about 55p)
needless to say the girlfriend told me to grow up as i started to check fuel prices in all the garages there. Almost make me wish i had driven over.
harryb.48
My Cars:

Post by harryb.48 »

Shane,
How come fuel`s so cheap in Oz? Do you have your own oil supply?
We`re supposed to have our own oil here(quickly running out!),but we pay a lot of tax on fuel (forget the amount but I think its about 60-70% of forecourt price)AND we pay road tax,nowadays based on exhaust emissions,£165 pa highest(Again I think)
Is there little or no tax on fuel in Oz?
Do you pay road tax too?
TomH
My Cars:

Post by TomH »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bikeboyz</i>

Derv sits around 81.9p at Sainsburys in Bournemouth.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I'm in Bournemouth and it's all currently 79.9-80.9p a litre, except an esso garage right in the centre which is always 1 or 2p cheaper than everywhere else!
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by harryb.48</i>

Shane,
How come fuel`s so cheap in Oz? Do you have your own oil supply?
We`re supposed to have our own oil here(quickly running out!),but we pay a lot of tax on fuel (forget the amount but I think its about 60-70% of forecourt price)AND we pay road tax,nowadays based on exhaust emissions,£165 pa highest(Again I think)
Is there little or no tax on fuel in Oz?
Do you pay road tax too?
About 60cents in every dollar spent of petrol is taxs/charges/etc.... If they took all the taxs and charges off the petrol it would probably be 13pence a litre (you would find it would only be about that over there without taxs/charges/vat/gst/anythingTheyCanThinkOf).
Petrol makes the government a phenominal mind boggling amount of $$$$. The average car out here is a 3.8litre V6 (or 5litre V8) fitted to a car the size of an XM/CX. Most of the sh!t for brains middle aged women drive 3ton medium rigid trucks cunningly disguised as fashion accessories to drop there 1kid at school in (ie: V8 Landcruisers/Patrols/huge big heaps of sh!t 4wds).
The cheapest bog standard local car I can buy (base model Ford Falcon) will do 0-62mph in 7.8seconds. this is why french cars are considered guttles little expensive weird things out here. As you can see the bog standard family car is every bit as quick as my CX2500 GTi Turbo [:0]
There is only car registration to pay each year, here it's about 140quid a year --no MOTs/Roadworthys except for when a car changes owners. If I had purchased my '79 CX2400 (even though I was only 5years old) new and kept it, I could still be driving it now without it ever having had an MOT/Roadworthy.
Sounds cheap, however our average wage is a fraction of yours. It's gotta cost less or we simply couldn't afford it.
seeya,
Shane L.
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

42p per litre of diesel is what I paid ten days ago at Morrisions Supermarket - but that was in Gibraltar. Closer to my base in Spain, it´s 55p.
PJLarge
My Cars:

Post by PJLarge »

85.9 for derv out here in North Wales [V] When you've got a thirsty Volcane it gets expensive.
Phil.
skypilot

Post by skypilot »

Diesel is 89.9 per litre, unleaded 82.9 per litre(Isle of Skye),Esso and BP. Its much cheaper in Inverness so I fill up when I'm there usually once a fortnight.
born2die
My Cars:

Post by born2die »

coventry tesco/sainsurys are 76.9 per litre petrol 84.9 diesel
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Last diesel I bought was 83.9 from Shell in Blaydon. Shell tends to be the cheapest locally, usually being a penny cheaper than the local Tesco Extra.
Robin
My Cars:

Post by Robin »

Shell 81.9 @ St Ives Cambs with Q8 1/2 mile the otherside of St Ives at 87.9 this is for Diesel. Petrol 1p/litre less.
R
crapday
My Cars:

Post by crapday »

makes interesting reading. Re. the 50/52 mix derv/cooking oil, is that the best mix so as not to smell like a chippy.
simonelsey
My Cars:

Post by simonelsey »

Im paying about 80.9 , for derv (EASTBOURNE). Can anyone tell me why diesel seems to be dearer then petrol now. When I first brough my diesel xsara petrol was dearer . Im thinking about going back to petrol as some petrol cars get 50 to a gallon , plus 20000 mile service times . Just seems diesel is getting more and more costly . Has any body got any idea between cost of keeping petrol compared to diesel on the road ?
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by simonelsey</i>

Im paying about 80.9 , for derv (EASTBOURNE). Can anyone tell me why diesel seems to be dearer then petrol now. When I first brough my diesel xsara petrol was dearer . Im thinking about going back to petrol as some petrol cars get 50 to a gallon , plus 20000 mile service times . Just seems diesel is getting more and more costly . Has any body got any idea between cost of keeping petrol compared to diesel on the road ?
Ever since Ive had diesels it has always been more expensive than petrol, funny how on the continent it is the opposite way around.
Its just profiteering I reckon- the fuel companies see an opportunity and take it..
Paul
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I think there is extra duty on diesel to make it less attractive. So much for the Goverment's commitment to reduce CO2 emmissions etc.
Jeremy
harryb.48
My Cars:

Post by harryb.48 »

Shane
Thanks for the interesting and informative piece on life Down Under - you learn something new every day.
I`ll take your word for the difference in average wages,although I suspect that some of our regional variations in income would make for interesting reading too,but that`s another matter...
Regards