Blower Resistor Pack Location????

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

gjb02
My Cars:

Blower Resistor Pack Location????

Post by gjb02 »

The blower on my newly aquired Picasso only works on full blast. The Dealer is going to book in to investigate but I fancy a go myself..
Question is...where is the blower.
Is it likely to be the motor or an electrical fault??
gjb02
My Cars:

Post by gjb02 »

Follow up report :
Ok, I found out (Haynes & the forum) there is a resistor pack seperate from the motor.
Thing is, with the dash in pieces as far as I'm willing to go at the moment[V, the resistor pack appears to be seperate from the car!!
I follow the wiring loom, then it takes a turn into the unknown, then re-appears with 5 more wires, etc.
Please, anyone with the knowledge of the exact location of the heater blower resistor pack on a 2001 Xsara Picasso, please help! [:)]
gjb02
My Cars:

Post by gjb02 »

Found it!![:D][:D]
I had to take out the blower motor! It was only then I could see the resistor pack located in the central bulk of the dash, downstream of where the fan was.
The resistor was a twist-2-lock assembly, once twisted it fell into my hand and I was able to remove the wiring plug from it.
It looks like, as mentioned previously, that the thermal fuse portion had blown. I bridged it with some heavy gauge wire...and it now works a treat. Sorted.[8D]
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

you really should put a thermal fuse back in the circuit somewhere as you are risking a fire if you just bridge it with wire, you can get them from maplins quite cheaply if you fancy a bit of diy
gjb02
My Cars:

Post by gjb02 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mosser</i>

you really should put a thermal fuse back in the circuit somewhere as you are risking a fire if you just bridge it with wire, you can get them from maplins quite cheaply if you fancy a bit of diy
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
What is the exact type/rating of the thermal fuse required? Better still a catalogue reference would be great.
Diy, not a problem now I know where to find it![:D]
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

That bit i wouldnt know unfortunatly, it depends whether it is just protecting the wiring (105 degrees C usually) or if it protecting the resistors (ceramic i presume) then it depends on a lot of factors and you would need to look at the old thermal fuse to find out