here we plippin go again

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mickey
My Cars:

here we plippin go again

Post by mickey »

this has got to be the most talked about topic on here but I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for I recently changed my battery in my xantia estate td and the alarm went potty I managed to programme my plip again and no problems for a week or so now I can't get the alarm to work I've tried disconnecting the battery and starting from fresh but to no avail it refuses to programme thanks to ebay and the local scrappy I now have three plips and non of them will work I've took the IR reciever out of the headlining and cleaned it should there be a constant live to this reciever if so I can't find it HELLLP!!!!
[?][?][?]<center></center><font color="red"></font id="red"><font face="Andale Mono"></font id="Andale Mono"><font face="Andale Mono"></font id="Andale Mono">
Gregg1100
My Cars:

Post by Gregg1100 »

<font color="blue"><font size="3"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Hi Mickey,
I sorted my flip out like this. Put your key into igition switch and turn on. Put plip right up to red dome in roof lining, by int. mirror. Press until your hear/feel a click , up to 12 times. Switch off ignition, and aim plip at dome, click it and it should work, ie lock/unlock doors. It works for me everytime. Obviously batteries should be ok in plip. If it doesn`t work, just turn ignition switch to the accessories position and retry the clicking at dome.
Hope this helps
Greg</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size3"></font id="blue">
stevieO

Post by stevieO »

I've tried this many times without success. Is there an alternative checking solution prior to this i.e. is there a fuse that links to this. I've cleaned the connections in the dome and have had my plip resoldered. Light comes on in plip but no luck on locking/unlocking or alarm.
Xantai 1.9td 149K
mickey
My Cars:

Post by mickey »

I have managed in the past to programme the car to the plip it just seems to be failing to work this time I've just purchased a new unit the one that sits under the passengers seat off ebay for a very resonable £5 as the old one was swimming if this doesn't work I'll try the a new receiver if this fails I'm going to throw the fuse away and live without an alarm and c/l happy days