Is there no end to Xantia alarm faults?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Is there no end to Xantia alarm faults?

Post by Richard Gallagher »

I thought I had heard of just about all the faults you could have with Xantia alarms, now my 'cambelt project' has come up with another I don't recall hearing before.
It turns itself on!
Leave the car for less than 5 minutes and the alarm sets itself, needless to say it then goes off after a period of time.
I'll swap the control box when I get the chance and see if that cures it.
Having done a search on 'Xantia alarms' there appears to be some confusion as to where the control box is located. For those who are unsure, it is found under the N/S/F seat, directly under the N/S seat runner for that seat.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Welcome to the club!Mine does this sometimes after heavy rain,due to the fact that mine leaks into the footwell.Parked at work sat,locked it with NO alarm,into the portacabin,bloke says "your lights are flashing mate".I look out to see the indicators flashing,then 10 secs later,off it goes.
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

I wouldn't mind if it had got wet, but its been sitting in my garage for almost a month together with an empty cooling system!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The alarm also sets itself whether the car is locked or not, ignition on or not.
You can also start the engine when its sounding.
A really useful alarm.............................Not.
davethewheel

Post by davethewheel »

i gave up on mine it used to go off in the rain even when not armed.
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

I've now sorted this problem out by replacing the alarm control box under the passenger seat.