ITS HERE!!!!!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

wiping it and the car's 97 separate ECUs out (thereby protecting the fuse that supplies them).
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

[quotewiping it and the car's 97 separate ECUs out (thereby protecting the fuse that supplies them). ][/quote][:D][:D]
Tom, methink's your like me, when you could sort anything with a testlamp and patience[:)]
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Nope, I just redesign the ECU.
adamskibx
My Cars:

Post by adamskibx »

Yes that looks nice but like you said Tom its not exactly CX standard in the looks department. It looks like an attempt to show that they havent got all boring in the same way that they did with the C4. However, the CX was totally purposeful and imposing in design and this looks far more market orientated to try and regain some of that Citroen flair to distinguish it from the Pergeot equivelents. At leasts its got a degree of sensibility about it as oppose to some of the renault designs these days that are just art for arts sake and lack any sort of purpose in design.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

I'm all in favour of art for art's sake. Industry without art is brutality.
Trouble is that the Avantime and Vel Satis were watered down to the point of normality from stunning concept cars, at least the equal of the CX. The Megane, often criticised has good headroom in the rear and visibility, a forgotten and outmoded quality, these days. The Ka, disdained for its looks is both roomy and tough as a result of its shape.
But I accept that it is all in the eye of the beholder. Some people think the DS ugly though look at a CX and you'll see the styling cues.
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

well one thing is for sure, it'll depreciate like the proverbial rock falling off a cliff, if it is a latter day CX especially a latter day GTi TII then put me down for one [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D], but only if they haven't done what they probably have done and incorporated all those endearing CX foibles, no ventilation, no handbrake to mention, rear arm bearings, corroding pipes and of course bucket loads of rust and an electrical sytem with more widely scattered fuse boxes carefully lined up to fill with salty road muck [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
Coupled with a million and one electrical gizmos built from bits from woolworth's toy department, and doubtless Microsofts contribution to those 97 ecus will be an operating sytem still based on dos 3.1, crashable by a virus transmitted from a mobile phone, but what the hell it'll all be obsolete and need new ecus in 6 months [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D] and it will have even more bells whistles and bugs than the last version [:D][:D][:D][:D]
Pete
Hey quite a rant that.....feel loads better [:D][:D][:D]
________
Lamborghini 400gt monza history
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 05:58, edited 1 time in total.
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

Just read the specs, for those of you with GTi TIIs I don't think there'll be much need to worry about being blown off by it, it'll weigh at least half a ton more so I think we will still be able to say that we own the fastest accelerating Cit ever built....
________
Entourage forum
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 05:58, edited 1 time in total.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Dos 3.1 is as tough as stonehenge. A kamikaze pilot couldn't crash it! no, we'll get CXP2
beta copy!
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

Tom you're right, now you come to mention it, my disillusionment with computing set in about the time windows et al arrived, used to run cp/m, not too friendly but rock solid, still I like GSs, DDss and Cxs so what do I know!! Beta copy..... hmmm me thinks that Citroen would be just daft enough to be development testers, or rather their customers would......
adamskibx
My Cars:

Post by adamskibx »

Yes Tom I know what you mean about art for arts sake but I just think that the CX, DS and GS etc all had an Art for functionality element to them rather than being just a car that is excessively styled. You look at the Val Satis ect and it seems a bit pretentious and confused, whereby when I look at the older Citroen i just think that there is no better way they could have been shaped. Modern cars all look as though each individual part has been styled superbly, but by different people to the ones that styled the other bits, and so the end result is the bland cars you see these days. Im sure that Megan is a great car but that TV advert for it annoys me immensely.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

That, as you would agree is a different issue. If advertising made any difference at all, we would all be driving GSAs. If you are too young to remember, The GSA adverts were the best ever screened. I've been trying to find them for years. One demonstrated the advantages of the Citroen suspension by exploding tyres as a driver drove between two oncoming trucks at high speed. The confusion of the Vel Satis is due to it being a Bowdlerised version of the original.
Take a stunning show car, make a conventional one the same shape and graft on some styling cues.
THe CX is not purely Opron's work, nor yet the GS. Check out Citroennet and look at prototypes.
The GS was originally a Pininfarina design study for the BMC1300. The CX was without a doubt that for the Landcrab. Although Opron redesigned it to follow the DS, The shape was nicked wholesale from somewhere else, so I'd argue that this is more a case of art for art's sake than form follows function.
adamskibx
My Cars:

Post by adamskibx »

Tom those Citroen GSA adverts are great yes. I am also too young to remember but I do remember the old CX advert where a giant Grace Jones robotic head rose out of a desert and a CX shot out at high speed with her driving it accross the rough desert terrain while the suspention and dash were intermitently filmed. By the way I have those GSA adverts on my PC from somewhere but they are very low quality black and white and in Dutch. Cant remember what website they were on so ill e mail them to you now. I did have three but i can only find two: One of the GSA having a blow-out while approaching a cliff edge at high speed and being able to turn and another where it drives at 80MPH through two lorries coming the opposite way, just after having a blow out. The other one ill try and find is one where they drive it alongside something like a Volvo over a pebbled road and both cars have a chair on the roof etc etc. With regards to advertising, it seems to make a difference from an "image" point of view rather than a product point of view these days. If people saw that advert for a car these days they'd probably avoid it because they would think the tyres are prone to explode and that it must be rubbish!
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Thanks for that. You might find that Citroenz and gs-gsa might appreciate them too.
adamskibx
My Cars:

Post by adamskibx »

Yes Tom good point ill contact them.