ITS HERE!!!!!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dillosk8ter
My Cars:

ITS HERE!!!!!!

Post by dillosk8ter »

Just happened to be on Citroen club UK site. They have official pics and details of the new C6.[:p]
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

There's a few kicking around.
http://www.citroenet.org.uk/c6/c%206-01.html
Can't tell me it's not "CX Revisited" though!!
Alan S[:D]
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Cx is prettier but it is certainly a recognisable descendant.
mattpc

Post by mattpc »

that looks sexy to me. Who knows maybe in ten years time I'll be driving one instead of the Xantia!
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

I just hope they don't extend the rear lights, or it will look like an Audi (i find the C5 MKII rear lights, from a side view, lokk like a Skoda Octavia, no kidding!)
I miss the partially covered rear wheels (sigh)
dillosk8ter
My Cars:

Post by dillosk8ter »

Yeah, I miss the partially covered wheels too. Like the new nose on C5 but the back needs some more work in my opinion. Definatly heavy influences of CX, At least its a distinctive design anyway. I think its stunning.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Will it go in the average size garage that's being built these days? Still looks good to me. Where the Coupe gone?
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Good question Stuart. Dimensions would be nice. How much bigger than a CX is it. Contrary to popular belief, the CX saloon isn't very big at all. I'd reckon about the size of a Mondeo. Cars have become rather bloated of late, don't you think?
It will be interesting to park a CX next to one to compare notes. I wonder when it will be in the dealers' showrooms?
p20

Post by p20 »

I like it. I think it looks a bit like a stretched 5dr C4 though.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

As for the bloated cars just look at the VX range. The golf is again bigger and the Polo is now bigger than the original golf. Also Audi, BMW, Honda all seem to have gotten a lot bigger but with no real bigger (space) interiors. Back seats in some cars is still a pain for us 6 foot plus folk.
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

I take it you haven't been in the back of a BX hatch lately? Its one great disadvantage compared to the estate is the rear lip to the roof which scrapes the head of people my size or taller (5 foot 10 and a half, for the record). But then the BX is a lot lower than most cars nowadays.
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

C6 = product of liaison between a CX an a Vauxhall Calibra?
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

£30,000 to £35,000 -
who are they marketing this at? Most perple in that price bracket will be buying a "name" (BMW, Merc etc).
Renault tried it and failed - Toyota realised that they had to develop a new marque to market high value exec class motors... How many midle managers are going to go... "Yep I drive a Citroen" down the golf club?
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Yeah, but we all know that Lexus are driven by folk with absolutley NO taste or chavs. Folk who want a named car will aways go to the BMW or Merc dealer regardless of how low down the reliability polls they are coming. We all know that if you want a good, soild reliable car that'll do mega milage it going to be far Eastern, except for the diesels which are still a little....well rubbish (sorry read harsh) on a 99 'T' reg Toyota or simalar.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

That's a moot point, Marty. If it is as good value as a C4 then just maybe it will work if it is beautiful and stuffed with toys. All will be well - until it gets back to the Citroen dealership for the first service. THe diagnostic download computer will be plugged in with the engine running, wiping it and the car's 97 separate ECUs out (thereby protecting the fuse that supplies them). THe dealer will explain to Mr punter that there is a need for some "Software upgrade enhancement" and put him into the base model C2 courtesy car for five weeks. By summer 2008, we'll all be able to afford one, and Jon will have cracked the software problems and you'll be looking after lots of deranged middle managers, so you'll never be out of work!