xsara disk/pads fitting saturday any tips

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

simonelsey
My Cars:

xsara disk/pads fitting saturday any tips

Post by simonelsey »

. Replacing disk and pads on front and the rear pads . I dont think it should take long but ---- you never now.Any nasty things I should look out for. Also where should I put axle stands on xsara front .
rossd
My Cars:

Post by rossd »

I put the stands on the engine subframe on mine, almost directly underneath where the subframe is bolted to the car.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Front disks and pads, mega easy job. Just take your time. Make sure you clean all the bits and copper grease the ones that neen lubricating. Rear pads aagin keep clean, don't force the caliper piston in it needs to be wound in. The big bolt on the rear pads is also the caliper slide this may need a lube aswell.
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

My job was made much easier due to Stuarts McB's suggestions and Nisk's [:D] (thanks fella's) , on the rear pads there is a little pad retaining bar which is supposed to slide out - Gave me loads of grief as it was rusted into position to the max! I couldnt free it so used my dremel to cut through the pad which free'd it up [}:)] then used the little sanding tool to get all the rust off- quite fun actually! Went back in like warm butter- no worries. Did cost me an extra 11quid though for heavy duty dremel cutting discs - robbing sobs- the prob only cost about 20p to make..[:(!]
Have fun.
Cheers
Paul [:o)]
simonelsey
My Cars:

Post by simonelsey »

cheers , I shall let you know how I get on.
simonelsey
My Cars:

Post by simonelsey »

front disks done and pads , rear pads , wrong ones sent , Lug on the back 2mm out of postion , quick drive for my stepdad to getset , had to goto 8 supplies around kingston. Got right ones in end . Appently this are getting hard to get , not in stock books anymore ... Any ideas on this.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Nah! think you've been fobbed off with some schpeil. Look at it this way. Citroen still make the Xsara Picasso and you can still buy almost new Xsara's at dealers, so why would the brake pads no longer be stocked? most motor factors will hold stock only if people are buying it, if not then they stop stocking it. As most people don't rate Citroens (people who've never driven one) then a lot of places wont stock parts for them.
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

On the rear pads I got from GSF (bendix pads) for my xsara it says on the side they are used on ,306, 106, 205, 309 blah blah - I doubt as they are used on so many that they would be getting hard to source. If you go to any decent motor factors and they dont have the part in they can normally get them delivered in the same day anyway. Lucky for me GSF is *sort of* on the way in to work for me...