Xantia HDI front calipers

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Roger Donnan
My Cars:

Xantia HDI front calipers

Post by Roger Donnan »

I need to replace a front caliper on my 2001 xantia HDi 110 estate. however the new caliper as supplied by GSF for this age/type of xantia is different to the caliper on the car. The caliper supplied looks like the one in the haynes manual, however the one on the car is larger, the disk is 28mm thick, the caliper is not held at the bottom by a clip/pin arrangement but a bolt into a slider on the caliper mount, in addition at the top instead of the caliper sliding on pin on the caliper mount it appears to be the other way round in that the pin appears to be part of the caliper and slides in the caliper mount. has any one come accross this type of caliper before - if so haw do I specify this type.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Go back to your GSF outfit and explain this caliper you've got does not fit an '01 Xantia HDI 110 Estate.
Be sure to get your man look for the exact model designation when he looks for your part.
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Sounds like they've given you a Bendix caliper while your car is fitted with Girling. Take it back!
//NiSk
simonelsey
My Cars:

Post by simonelsey »

One thing I have found with GSF , Unhappliy (apart from this would be perfect cant have every think you know) , is the webstite + some stores dont describe parts enough eg manufactures . I now, not all the stores are like this not all have citroen people . But I would have thaoght store would cross check with year / model. I know JON is ok , that is why I Shall pick his brain before ordering .
On calipers should have make stamped onto it.
Jon

Post by Jon »

The 110BHP HDi uses a Bosch/Bendix caliper with 288mm discs, only the 110 HDi and Xantia V6 and some late TD Auto's use this set up. The calipers are therefore unique to these vehicles.
These calipers are Citroen 4400J0 and 4400J1.
I regret to say that they are not in the GSF range. I guess that you have been supplied GSF N65630/1, the description on these does indeed read "Xantia Estates" but there is a note on the part number that they do not fit HDi 110 models.