'76 cx

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CommY
My Cars:

Post by CommY »

Citroennut I was just offering some advice for shifting siezed nuts and bolts. A component can be ruined if you shear the head off a bolt, if you follow the directions I posted you will avoid this happening and save yourself a lot of time and money.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Yep, those rear quarter glasses come out alright. We either use black silicone sealant and hold it into position until it sets using many & varied strange set ups including a piece of wood between the glass and a conveniently placed tree. [}:)] You can also use a stuff called "Sikaflex" which is a kind of flexible sealant/adhesive.
Best bet is whenever you wash the car, as you walk past each of these and the rear window which will leak if it comes a bit unstuck, is to tap the window lightly with your knuckle. If it's starting to let go it gives a "drumming" or hollow sound.
Removing? Easy peasy!! Just grab a length of nylon fishing line about 30lbs breaking strain or thereabouts, and if already a bit loose, push through the gap in the sealant; if not, carefully push something like a piece of piano wire through and attach the fishing line to it and draw it through. Get one person inside the car and one outside each holding an end and with a sawing action going, put pressure in the same direction. Once it starts to go, it's like a hot knife through butter. Just be ready to catch it at the end.[:D][:D][:0]
Alan S
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

That's one for the hints and tips column! Tapping will now be part of the pre blastoff countdown!