ZX Alarm / Central Locking

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

chemexhants
My Cars:

ZX Alarm / Central Locking

Post by chemexhants »

My ZX has developed an intermittent fault with its central locking. When it's armed with the plip the light on the dash stays on (doesn't flash) and the external lights fail to flash. In itself this is no problem, however after a couple of days the battery is drained.
The battery is new (3 months) and the multimeter and hydrometer tell me that the problem is not with the battery or the alternator.
Fitted to the rear of the battery compartment is a relay(?) into which a plug with 4 wires attaches. When I fiddle with this the system works properly again.
What does this relay do, and what do the wires plugged into it feed?
Stephen
Jet

Post by Jet »

I have the same problem with my R reg ZX. Press the keyfob button for remote locking, the indicators stay on. can sometimes take 10 frustrating minutes tocompletely "unlock" or disarm the alarm and cacel the indicators.
Have now taken the fob off my keyring so locking manually sans alarm until i can find a fix.
Stansbury
My Cars:

Post by Stansbury »

Question following this. I have a ZX 1.9D on an L plate which, according to the specs has an alarm. I got the car second hand on eBay and paid pennys. Regardless when I lock the central locking all the doors lock but no noise, no flash and no alarm. I have looked for a sounder and can not find one, all the fuses are fine? Any ideas?
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

If it has an alarm, there will be an LED under the clock on the dash, and a button on the right hand side of dash to stop ultra sonic sensing (which incidentally are present in the plastic panel with sunroof controls and interior light) and to stop it sounding if it goes off. Check if these features are present before you hunt any further. If they are, then there is no sound unless the alarm goes off (doesnt sound when armed or disarmed) or the siren could be turned off (there is a key type switch under the bonnet to enable and diable the siren). The lights should flash though. Headlamps also flash when alarm is going off. The alarm is only armed with the remote, not with the key in the door. I am unsure where the alarm control box is on a zx (possibly in the LH front wing on a 5 door model, but I may be wrong).