BX with LHM leak Behind Driver's Side Rear Door

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

PeterMann
My Cars:

Post by PeterMann »

Our 1989 BX19TRi recently started leaving small puddles of LHM on Nicole's precious brick driveway after being parked overnight. Climbed underneath, and found that a rubber join in the nylon return line had disintegrated, Odd thing was that the rubber thingy was a 3 way, but I could only find one piece of nylon tube going on towards the hydraulic reservior. So, being pragmatic, I joined the bits I could find, and hoped it would go away. No such luck. [:o)]
Any light that might be shed on the mysteries of the BX hydraulic return plumbing would be much appreciated.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

sounds like an air bleed line has dropped off and that a look under another BX would be instructive. The LHM weep probably means that a rear strut is on the way out.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Hi Peter [:)]
That rubber 3way joint is for the 2 rear cylinder's leak-off (overflow) plastic pipes - and the 3.rd plastic pipe is the one going alongside under RHS of car to the famous Octopus.
There is in fact 2 plastic pipes running this way to the Octopus. If my memory serves me correct - it will be the thicker black plastic ones we're talking about here.
The second thinner clear plastic pipe would be the leak-off (overflow) return from the rear HC.
The ones Tom mentions are the plastic air bleeders from rear cylinder bellows. These are dead (open) ends plugged into the rear subframe tube. These are the pipes towards front (of car) on the cylinder bellows. The rearmost pipes are the leak-off pipes.