Diesel Injectors

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vanny
My Cars:

Diesel Injectors

Post by vanny »

Hi peeps
Problem with a 19RD BX (1.9 XUD9 engine)
I have a feeling that one of my injectors/injector seals is shot. There is oil about an inch up the second injector and over the front of the engine, but not on the other injectors.
Does this sound like the injector is to blame? Is it possible to replace just the seals? how easy/impossible is it to do? If i have to replace the injector, would it be worth (or do i need)doing all of them?
Vanny
Merseyside, UK
Citroenbx19rd@hotmail.com
http://www.bxproject.co.uk
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Do you mean engine oil, if so then no.
Do you mean diesel oil (fuel), if so then possible.

Either way don't touch them yourself other than removing them from the engine, their opening pressure is precicely set, if you disturb them your engine will sound like a bag of chisles, if you have to replace one you should replace them all for the same reason, though you don't actually need to replace them just get them reconditioned, they will then be a matched and calibrated set.
Injection timing is dependant on proper opening pressures.
Dave
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Second injector from the right?
Isn't this under where the breather hose fits onto the rocker cover? If so I would suspect that pipe. Injectors should not be covered in engine oil, but it could be diesel with dirt attached. It will smell if so! Try nipping up the union.
Richard
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

Aye tis a good point you bring to my small mind, it is engine oil, and so cant come out of the engine!! Mesa so silly sometimes.
The engine i have has a top air box (although i have seen very few 1.9D's with them, which includes an F-reg 1.9rd in Ivory (which is exactly what i have, great for parts). The thoughts are that the box may have split, or a pipe, but i know there is a lot of residue in the air box what would cause this?
Vanny
Merseyside, UK
Citroenbx19rd@hotmail.com
http://www.bxproject.co.uk