AX having issues

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bad driver
My Cars:

AX having issues

Post by bad driver »

I have a 1 litre AX, 95/96 model with single carb. Anyway it keeps having little jumpy fits when driving and sometimes just loses all power. Doesnt actually stall, it just wont rev or accelerate. I checked the plugs and they are clean and sparking well, the air filter is clear, the oil seems fine and coolant is OK so can rule out compression issues.
I have noticed though the carb seems to get quite oily from the breathers. Its not over full or anything. Just wondered if anyone had experience of this problem and know of a quick and cheap fix, better still a free fix. The car cost me £250 with a years test and has done 118k so as you can guess I dont want to spend anymore on it.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Are all the breathers and air filer clean? Sounds like a carb problem?
gardenpeas
My Cars:

Post by gardenpeas »

u replaced the fuel filter lately this helped mine
bad driver
My Cars:

Post by bad driver »

ye filters are clean. I'm thinking possibly a blocked breather? oil seems to go down a tad over time. No blue smoke or anything but definatley oil in carb. Question is where would it be blocked? Assuming it is a blockage?
leonard1
My Cars:

Post by leonard1 »

Might be your cat. I had this driving on the M3 lost all power to accelarate and had to call RAC out. 2 hammer bangs on the cat and it was fine although he told me to get a new cat asap. Did that and the old one was really blocked. Only I'd gone to Kwik Fit and that is where the real problems started ...