Ticking noise from Green Ball Xantia TD

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

soupy_sam
My Cars:

Ticking noise from Green Ball Xantia TD

Post by soupy_sam »

I have a Loud Ticking noise coming from the "Green Ball" at the bottom front of the engine compartment,when the engine is running, is it supposed to do this?
dan.2cv
My Cars:

Post by dan.2cv »

Providing there is not a cheap wrist watch held on by 'chewing gum' nearby, then yes.
Oscar Too
My Cars:

Post by Oscar Too »

Sam
Welcome to the wierd and wonderful world of Cits, where normal laws of physics and thermo-dynamics are regularly ignored, turned upside down or completely re-written. I can tell that like me you are a relative novice. Take a good scout around this site and also read the Cit technical guide http://www.tramontana.co.hu/citroen/guide.html - among other things it will tell you what that big green ball is for. And yes it is supposed to tick.
Don't be worried about asking seemingly idiotic questions, most of the ne'er-do-wells, obsessives and malcontents (anyone I've left out) who frequent this forum are happy to help and share advice. But beware: once you've spent a couple of hours under the bonnet of a Cit, an irreversible change takes place and you will become an "enthusiast"....
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

The ticks are normal and should be no closer together than 20 seconds.
If they're closer than 20 seconds, your "green ball" or "accumulator sphere" needs replacing.
CommY
My Cars:

Post by CommY »

Most of the ne'er-do-wells, obsessives and malcontents (anyone I've left out)----- h-h-hey I-I'm a Nu-utter with a stut-t-t-t-t-ter and my Xant's a high calorie (well cetane)Cranberry & Blackcurrant flavoured fine mode of automotive transport. And a slow nervous tick is good, however any pops, whistles, squeals, squeaks, screams, knocks, scrapes, taps, rattles, clunks, whines and bangs are not!(unless your a percussionist on the way to a gig) And a ping or a bong means you've left your lights on, all this talk of lights and bongs and bhangs gives me a good idea! Have fun!
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

IT'S ONE OF THOSE FRENCH BOMBS AGAIN!!!!!![8D]