Xantia - Brake and Stalling Problems

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

motley

Xantia - Brake and Stalling Problems

Post by motley »

I own a 96 Xantia Estate. I've had it for a year.
For the last four months I've had a persistent stalling problem. I had it serviced and the problem continued. I had the stepper motor replaced but the stalling still happens.
The brakes are also a problem. Quite often they will shudder and the ABS warning light comes on. The brakes seem to slip a bit when this happens. I've take it to a mechanic twice. He said that there is some problem which requires welding on the brakes. The brake connections on two of the wheels have been welded. But the problem continues.
A stalling citroen with dodgy brakes is not fun to drive ! Does anyone have any ideas ?
jonathan_dyane

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Try another garage, they sound rather like total hooks! Welding to the brakes?!
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jonathan_dyane</i>

Try another garage, they sound rather like total hooks! Welding to the brakes?!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I'm defo with Jonathan here. If they tell you welding on the brakes has been done - they did'nt do anything but write up the bill.
BTW : Which area are you located ? I'm sure some members here could recommand a good Citroen indie near you.