Xantia - Took dash out, now have very weird leccs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

roy_newell

Xantia - Took dash out, now have very weird leccs

Post by roy_newell »

Hi all, took my dash out to change my clutch clip.
Now for some strange reason my electrics are acting a bit nuts, but only sometimes, seems like its mainly when the headlights are off, every now and then they'll just switch themselves on, sometimes with the brake pedal, sometimes just for the hell of it.
When I use my leccy window up switch the passenger leccy window switch light goes out, I'm a bit confused as I'm sure I put everything back right, apart from the steering controls for the radio as I've got a new aftermarket stereo and can't be assed wiring them up so I left the wiring off at both ends.
Also I did notice a switch, well the back bit, the connector for a switch by the instrument panel(the connector is green), where the stereo mute and rear leccy window isolation switch are, so instead of 2 connectors which is all I have the buttons for I have 3 connectors, anyone know what this extra connector is for?
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

The window switch lights go out when you close them.On mine,all 4 switchs on each door,the light goes out when you use the drivers door switch for the passenger side to close,and the center switchs to close the rear windows.Only closing,not opening.So that sounds normal.
roy_newell

Post by roy_newell »

I wonder what it was as it all seems to have stopped now although my alarm light is constantly flashing now, the alarm went off when I first opened a door after reconnecting battery
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

The alarm resets its self after battery disconection.
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

Have a look at your fuses, When I did my matrix and refitted the dash, a 5amp fuse had blown and caused mayhem with the electrics. Its worth looking at all your fuses before you start taking things to bits again.
Paul
roy_newell

Post by roy_newell »

right, will look at my fuses, any clue as to what that green connector could be for? is it maybe an optional extra that I don't have but I can get the switch and have it???
And I understand about the alarm resetting itself but how do I make it stop flashing on my dash, its getting on my tits
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Setting then unsetting the alarm with the remote will do it. If you haven't got a working remote, press the button with the crossed out speaker on the RH side of the steering wheel for a couple of seconds whilst the ignition is on.
dan.2cv
My Cars:

Post by dan.2cv »

If it doesn't turn out to be a fuse I would put my money on an earth problem. Maybe you forgot to connect an earth somewhere or even trapped a wire somewhere.
I missed an earth off once and it caused all sorts of daft things to happen.
As for the green connector have a look at a higher spec car and see what switch they have there in place of your blank. Bear in mind the switches are completely different in MK I and II
roy_newell

Post by roy_newell »

definately not an earth, I didn't disconnect any wires, just connectors which I connected all back up, all the electrics seem normal again now, like I said though except the alarm light flashing