Fitting headlamp

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Nutkin333

Fitting headlamp

Post by Nutkin333 »

Can anyone help me with how to fit a headlamp on passenger side of a Citroen ZX 1.9 diesel please. Some vandals broke mine, i got another from the scrapyard but they wouldn't help me with clips etc, i'm worried i'll break it, also i need to get the old one out, many thanks[:I]
Nutkin333

Post by Nutkin333 »

I just had a visit from the "pleaseman" who i reported the incident to, he felt sorry for me and had a look at the broken light hoping to get it out, but he just shook his head very politley and gave up after a few scratches of his head. I'm led to beleive there are some clips i need to undo, can anyone tel me where they are at all and anything i need to watch out for?
Yours hopelessly ..... a girl lol.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Are you on about the whole headlight unit,or just the lense glass?
Nutkin333

Post by Nutkin333 »

yep the whole unit , they made a right mess of it [:(!]
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

I would think that it is held in with 3 or so screws/bolts.Working inside the engine bay,disconect the wires going to the headlamp bulb.The unit will be secured from the front or rear.Its just a case of finding the bolts & undoing them,& pulling the unit out.I dont know how they fix in on the ZX,but they all usally fit that way.You may have to remove some trim around the h/light,i dont know.
Hopefully someone who knows more about the ZX will be along soon.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

I had a headlight out of our ZX not so long back. Can't remember how it's done, so it must be quite easy! There are 3 clips - 1 at the bottom on each side, and one at the top on the left as you look at the passenger side. The clips consist of a ball on the car and a socket on the headlamp. The top one, and possibly the bottom left one are held in by a flat shiny retatining clip, pull this out with a pir of pliers, and then it's just a case of yanking the third clip out on the bottom right hand side, which will be held in by a spring clip rather than the flat clip. It can take quite a pull to get the spring clips off - especially if the ball has gone rusty. I'll have a look when I get home to confirm the arrangement of springs / clips.
Nutkin333

Post by Nutkin333 »

guess what... i think i did it , yippee. The proof will be in the driving but it all looks ok so far. thanks so much for your help, this is a neat place i'll come back often, thanks again xxx