BX and GSF spares.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

goldfinche
My Cars:

BX and GSF spares.

Post by goldfinche »

Hi all. Having ordered some BX (diesel) bits, nothing out of the ordinary really, alternator,drive shaft etc. was informed that BX spares were being dropped. I know that the BX is now an old car but what a shock.
I havn't actually heard anything so what is going on ??Any body like to comment and tell what the situation is.
What happens now chaps?
Cheers
Geoff
Jon

Post by Jon »

Who told you that. Name, branch etc?
I can tell you that as long as there is demand (sales) then BX parts will continue.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

<font size="4"><b>Phewwww!!!!</b></font id="size4">
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Although when I ordered my injectors I was told they were being discontinued- I was apparently getting the last ones in stock ever, as happened last year when I ordered a pair of BX caliper overhaul kits!!!
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

you mean when you where 'getting rocking horse ___' as there now known!
I know my local GSF (Walton) hates to deal with any Citroen bits as there VW people and cant really advise on BX bits! But never mention of getting rid of them!
goldfinche
My Cars:

Post by goldfinche »

Hello Jon and everybody. Sorry am none to well at the moment when better will furnish full details. Drive shaft and alternator were very very cheap cost price at the most the remark was "we are getting rid of them cheap because they are the last and we are not stocking BX bit any more." Hence my moment of panic as there are 3 and soon to be more perhaps BX's in the family.We don't intend to get rid of them.
Cheers
Geoff.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Thats it then I am keeping the pile at the back of the garage.
Stewart
goldfinche
My Cars:

Post by goldfinche »

Hello Jon The depot I can tell you was Heathrow and the name ,if was heard correctly was Steve.We gave up trying to use the Citroen main dealer for anything vertually because they admitted that if something small was ordered they couldn't be bothered to order it.
So my son and I plus a independent Citroen repairer relie on GSF. You are quite important.
Thank you and best wishes.
Geoff.