my beloved TZD has failed the MoT

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Rob Marshall

my beloved TZD has failed the MoT

Post by Rob Marshall »

The MoT man cast his pen of doom over my TD estate.
Actually, damage not too bad: one tyre only just on the wrong side of legal, and the rubber steering coupling had a nasty split in it.
On the positive side, the emmissions were only 0.58 (pass is 3.0); thanks to an Italian decoke!!
So, on with a pair of new Michelin tyres (£45 + VAT each - seemed to me to be quite cheap) and have asked the MoT station to change the steering coupling: they have a ramp & light to see it!
Even though, including handbrake cables, one brake hose, it has cost around £200 to put through a test!
Rob
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Not too bad, you will have another year, £200 is less than the depreciation on a Dae*oo matiz
Rob Marshall

Post by Rob Marshall »

Shouldn't grumble!! After all, it wuld be likely a 5 year old car would have needed the same things!
While the BX is having a rest, the Dolomite has taken its place!
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Workmates passat has just had its second mot, and cost him £800 to get through and yes it did need most of the stuff...[:0]
That'll be the main dealer for you
3 tyres....Ehh
poor front brake performance......did need pads and discs
some bushes at the back
Emissions through the roof.....coolant sensor + genuine lambda sensor
Twiss

Post by Twiss »

speaking of dearlers my girlfriends car had its MOT at the cit dearler and they failed it on the front window wipers but i checked the car before she went in and all was fine i fact i was using the car the day before and it was chucking it down with rain and thwey worked fine but as they fialed it she had to pay for a new set and the car went though ok. Bl**dy citroen.
on aother hand my ZX only failed on a a ball joint last year had that replaced and it went though fine.
leonard1
My Cars:

Post by leonard1 »

I bought my Saxo for cit dealer and get free MoT for its life (pity not my life!). Wandering whether might be cheaper going to a proper MoT testing station. Especially as the AX is due the same time and usually needs stuff done ...
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

I used to use testing stations that do not do repairs, that way I get a hopefully honest test, the old one didnt do diesels though so now I have taken to using a small local place that know I am sort of "trade" and so dont take the mickey, then again my vehicles get looked at on a regular basis.
Stewart
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Leave a receipt for some parts on the passenger seat, and some decent quality tools on the passenger floor, they will probably think you know a bit.....[:D][:D]
Well its worked for me for the last 15 tests (12 years)
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Saab overalls certainly impressed the mechanic in the Citroen Dealership in Ambrieres last month.
Made the scrappy spares very cheap!!
Rob Marshall

Post by Rob Marshall »

Well, the car has arrived back at my parents house safe & sound.
I have to admit, I am very loyal to the station I take it to; as they have been 100% honest and truthful with my cars. I take all my cars there, even when had my GSA.
Not going to be able to see the BX for another 2 weeks as not able to get to my folks' house!