Xantia Sensation

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

THE LABMAN
My Cars:

Xantia Sensation

Post by THE LABMAN »

Hi people, I recently had to write off a 1995 N plate Xantia SX 1.9TD with 168,000 miles on the clock as the repairers said it was beyond economic repair.
I've replaced it with a 1999 T plate Xantia Sensation 1.9TD with only 46,800 miles for £2,000.....but here is my question can any one tell me what is so fantastically different about the Sensation, apart from alloys and a boot spoiler, as after buying it I'm horrirfied to find it is in Group 12 for insurance, my old 1.9TD was Group 9 and so are all the others you see listed in the price guides...apart fom that I'm over the moon with the car and my goodness that lack of 120,000 0dd miles dosent half show[:D],any replies would me most grateful I know it won't help me get cheaper insurance but will put my mind at rest. [:)]
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

MK2 Xantias are listed in higher insurance groups across the board, possibly due to painted bumpers and the greater number of airbags etc.
Alloys also add one extra group on MK1 versions i.e. SX/VSX.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Alloys also add one extra group on MK1 versions i.e. SX/VSX.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
That explains why mine is 1 group higher than a LX,or early SX then.(group 10,or 11 i think)
As for the number of airbags,painted bumpers etc,i suppose its because there more expensive to replace if you had a accident,rather than a older model without.
sbraud
My Cars:

Post by sbraud »

If you add 135bhp/16v to alloys, colour bumpers and air bags… you get group 15! If memory serves for my insurance. For a Xantia !![:(!][xx(]
THE LABMAN
My Cars:

Post by THE LABMAN »

Hi folks thanks for the replys, but bumper painted LX of same year is still only group 9 according to my broker, so even allowing for alloys pushing it up one group to group 10 it still seems a bit excessive. I did neglect to mention I had previously looked at a 1998 R Reg 2.1TD with colour coded bumbers and alloys and this one I did check up on and it's only group 11, hence the main reason for my wondering at the Sensations group 12 rating. Oh well I guess come renewal time in July it will just mean even more shopping around,but many thanks to you for the input.
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

I hate to encourage them but I saved over £200 this year.......
www.confused.com