ES9J4 cam belt replacement

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by xantiav6</i>

I don't see the need for slackening the cam pulley bolts and adjusting the cam timing, unless it was wrong to start with.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
the reason for slackening these bolts is to allow the pulleys to turn slightly WITHOUT altering the cam timing,when the camshaft is pegged it wont move but slackening the pulley bolts will allow the pulleys move about a tooth in either direction without moving the cams.as the belt is tensioned camshafts 3&4 will try to turn anti-clockwise & 1&2 will try to go clockwise.if they aint slackened it will move the cams slightly.
xantiav6

Post by xantiav6 »

Well, I was nearly psycologically prepared for this job, but I kept thinking that the RH engine mount looks as if it has been removed and refitted. So I phoned the garage who stamped the service book at the 50,000 mile service, and asked them to look up their records to see what they did.
The guy on the phone says, "Oh, I remember that car, did the timing belt, cost the owner a fortune!"
So I can go out and celebrate!!
Now I just need to do the normal 80,000 service.
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

You lucky guy!
BTW, my V6 accessories belt seems to have those marks/"cracks" (the car has 5 years and 65000kms).
Seems easy to change if needed or not?
Francisco