Fitting cosmetic CX Mk1 pieces to CX Mk2

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

czenda
My Cars:

Fitting cosmetic CX Mk1 pieces to CX Mk2

Post by czenda »

Ok, this may seem very dumb idea, but... Id love to have CX Mk2 with ABS (TRD2 available for peanuts), BUT at the same time I want to make it look like Mk1, i.e. stainless fenders and UFO dashboard. Is the idea sound, i.e. are the mounting points same on both Mks, or...? My CX experience is zero, which explains the question... Thanx.
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

The front guards and rear quarter panels are different, they have a cut out/indentaction in them for the plastic bumpers (so they can wrap around).
Nothing is impossible, but I imagine there would be considerable work involved in trying to fit series I bumpers to a later car.
seeya,
Shane L.
czenda
My Cars:

Post by czenda »

Ugh... I guess the question came from the fact that I am still trying to apply my previous Fiat experience of interchangeability to Citroens. Having owned the BX for 6 months, I should have known better. It seems that there are not as much as 2 identical BXs on this planet, then why do I expect a different story with CXs, hm?
Well, a lesson learnt, thanx.
I will then look for Mk1, but it will be a long-term search. Still, it is worth trying - I saw one of them in todays Sunday pre-evening re-re-rerun of The Professionals TV series, and it was a great car to look at...