car change

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

crooser

car change

Post by crooser »

i have had citroens for 21 years,ending up with a 2.5 xm estate[diesel]i am now thinking of changing to a secondhand volvo v70 diesel estate.am i being disloyal or am i entitled to a change? does anyone have any ideas on the volvo economy and comfort,or what their engines are like compared to citroen?
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Of course you're entitled to a change - just don't come here with your hard luck stories or troubles in the future!
No but honestly, the Volvo V70D is no worse than any other iron-sprung chariot, the 5-cyl engines are very smooth but a tad thirstier than the PSA 2.5TD 8despite being d.i). Otherwise they are fully electronic which means there is very little you can do if they go wrong and the comfort is a longgggg way from what you are used to in the XM. Over here is Sweden they are not the status symbols they are in the UK, more likely to be confused with a travelling repair man than a well-off doctor or estate agent!
OH yes, they are very much more expensive than XM's as well!
//NiSk
crooser

Post by crooser »

NiSK,thanks for an honest opinion,i'll wait for a few more if possible.
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

You will not be ridiculed, I mean my father left citroen for audi's some years ago and has since left audi for honda. He has no regrets, he still like to drive things I bring by the place though (CX, BX, Xantia, 2CV GSA etc)
One thing he always remarks is that 5, 10, 20 year old citroens usually drive better than other 5, 10 and 20 year old cars.
I have no opinion on volvos im afraid.