C5 HPI

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mark_sp

C5 HPI

Post by mark_sp »

Hi
Anyone have any experience of the HPI engine ?
Mark
akojic
My Cars:

Post by akojic »

At least for Croatia, It hasn't been sold any through dealership network, not even offered here. I've searched recently on some other countries' official cit. pages and haven't found any new model equipped with this engine. I quess Citroen doesn't sell it anymore in Europe or I'm wrong? Comments please!
reffro
My Cars:

Post by reffro »

No its not on sale anymore, it was offered in all the western european markets, but it didn't prove popular enough to continue being offered for sale. But its technology is bound to feature on other petrol engines in the future.
Thunderbird

Post by Thunderbird »

Technology is good when it provides results of some kind, and that was not the case of that HPi. Not powerful, not economic, not extremely silent, etc.
Except fot the direct injection technology hidden inside, just a regular-minus petrol engine in every aspects.
After all, PSA is known fot their diesels...
Maybe the new 1.6 l petrol engines PSA is going to build in joint-venture with BMW for the Peugeots/Citroens and Minis will prove to be better.
Don't expect, however to find it on a BMW series 3 - those cars will have much better petrol engines.