Can Citroen C4 beat the new Ford Focus?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

akojic
My Cars:

Post by akojic »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Thunderbird</i>

Cheers!
A close friend is considering to purchase the new Ford Focus.
Could the citroen C4 be an interesting alternative?
Focus seems to be better built; has better crash test results; lower maintenance costs; and a more powerful petrol engine.
C4, on the other hand, is more comfortable; has some original details; a good 2.0HDi-138Hp engine; and has an aditional bunch of electronic inovations.
What do you think about it?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Better crash test results??? [?]
AFAIK C4 finished NCAP tests with 35 or 36 points (*****). The second best result ever! The best result ever made new C5.
Thunderbird

Post by Thunderbird »

Let me be more clear concerning the crash test: I was only considering the front and side impact rating, which are the only ones that really matter when you crash into something (or something crashes into you). Side impact is equal (18), but Focus behaves better on the front impact test (16 vs. 15).
Focus: Front 16 (100%) Side 18 (100%)
C4: Front 15 (94%) Side 18 (100%)
I dont'care about the "intelligent seat belt reminder" of the C4 as I always use the seat belt.
PS: My friend went for the Focus. A wise decision since over 80% of modern cars malfunctions are of electronic nature...
silverback

Post by silverback »

A friend of mine works at a Ford main dealership.
He said that when the Focus was unveiled at a ceremony in the showroom, everyone was most underwhelmed.
It's boring.[V]
gjb02
My Cars:

Post by gjb02 »

Crash test results!!
I'd rather drive a glass car into a knife factory than buy a Ford because it had better crash test results!![:(!]
Does the increased crash rating mean you can drive around the roads of the UK with your mind in 'off ' and yours eyes shut! Safe in the knowledge that the wall you crash into won't kill you? Never mind the oncoming car!!
Better crash results equals less attention to driving skill.
If I drive badly at least I won't die......my car has 5 Stars for crashing into a wall.
If someone else drives badly and causes the accident, then that's just fate isn't it?
Did lack of crash results ever stop you driving before??
Buy a car because you like it, it drives well, and is good value for money. Not because of crash results.
C4 for me when finances allow.[:)]