xantia stereo

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

born2die
My Cars:

xantia stereo

Post by born2die »

Hi I was wondering if anybody here knows of somewhere where yu can get a xantia stereo for a 1998 activa. I am happy with the standard head unit but mine seems to have a deep base crackle when driving so I think something electrical has gone awry inside the head unit.
Also is it possible to add a cd changer as mine is just tape and radio if so any ideas where I might get one.
many thanks in advance
[:D]
jack.dempsey
My Cars: BX TZD @ 250K miles (J reg),
Xantia TD @ 165K miles (R reg),
Xantia 2.1 TD (R reg)
and tow a caravan with them all (not at the same time)

Post by jack.dempsey »

What model number is the radio ?
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

Check the loudspeakers before condemning the radio. A 'deep bass crackle' sounds rather like damaged speaker suspension. Locate the connections to each speaker from the radio, and try a substitute in each position.
dan.2cv
My Cars:

Post by dan.2cv »

Mine crackles too, I traced it to the N/S front door speaker. I think the speakers just aren't up to the bass the units put out, even tho I don't have mine set that high.
born2die
My Cars:

Post by born2die »

nope tried turning the bass down no avail my last saab had this problem something to do with a transistor inside that sheilds the radio from somthing or other as the tape plays fine so I think its the radio thats goosed not sure if repaiable the radio is standard fit radio casset witha cd line in jack on the front???? no model or part number visable
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Is it a MK2 Xantia? If so I might be able to put you in touch with someone who has a head unit and boot mounted CD changer. I don't think he has the cabling, but I expect it is all there anyway.
born2die
My Cars:

Post by born2die »

hi dont know it was registered on the 8/1/1998 if that helps definatly interested in the cd changer etc. think it might be a dodgy aerial connection but best change eh. how do I get the stereo out to check though any help appreciated????
dan.2cv
My Cars:

Post by dan.2cv »

remove the ashtray and then the 2 torx screws holding the bottom of the raio trim in place, then prise the trim away. 4 screws hold the radio in, 2 top, 2 bottom then it slides out.
born2die
My Cars:

Post by born2die »

cheers that helps just had the stereo out and nope the arial is fine so must be the unit that is goosed. (by the way my radio is only held in with 2 screws not four???)