slow rising xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tj
My Cars:

slow rising xantia

Post by tj »

I find my recently acquired xantia wagon rise rather slowly from lowest setting to normal compared to my old BX. My old BX with its noisy and rattling pump can rise from bottom to normal height in 15 secs. The xantia need at least a minute or more to do the same. The xantia HP pump is quiet but in the morning it takes about 15secs for the STOP light to goes off (the ride height is not disturbed and held up well with anti sink). Is the pump weak or xantia is not meant to pump up the suspension as quickly as BX?
http://www.alllinuxcd.com
deano
My Cars:

Post by deano »

Hi
our xantia hdi w reg takes an age to rise especially from low!! Watching other xantia's with the hdi it seems to be about right. The other xantia we have got p reg, is nearly instant to rise, and only takes slightly longer from it's lowest setting.
cheers
Deano
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

An anti-sink Xantia will always be slower from low than a BX, since the Xantia only has 2 pistons in the pump for suspension duty - the rest being dedicated to PAS duty (whereas the BX could use all its pistons for suspension). If it's a hydractive car it will take even longer as there are more spheres to fill. 15s sounds a bit long for th light to go out initially - probably time to clean the LHM filters, and possibly change the accumlator.
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

I think you will find that the car rises quicker in warmer weather. My Xantia has a new pump and new LHM, but it stil takes a while to rise up in a morning due to cold weather.
After over 12 years with a car that has gas suspension, I have found this the norm.
Paul