what to buy AX 's may have to go

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

gardenpeas
My Cars:

Post by gardenpeas »

cheers for all the replies i will be on the look out for some kind of cut and shut alfa zx built by germans with hats that sould fit the bill [:)]
cheers peas
cheesesliceking

Post by cheesesliceking »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ItDontGo</i>

AXs have excellent brakes and handle perfectly for a road car. If you are not finding this then you need to drive a lot more smoothly.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Really??? excellent brakes???? Have to disagre ?!
I've had two AX's, both GT & both the cars had/have poor brakes, even after new equipment & rebuild.. still babba.. just not big enough. strong enough etc. put it this way.. the rear discs on a sxao VTS are bigger & more powerful than the front discs on an AX GT
then again i suppose it depends on how you drive, etc etc. but still. they suck
youidiot

Post by youidiot »

Get something with a big bodykit and lots of extra lights so at least we can see you coming! Anti-social driving isn't a good way to make friends. Try to remember that driving like a loon is a good way of killing people...
Are you sure I can't interest you in a bus pass instead?
rabenson
My Cars:

Post by rabenson »

Deffo ZX TD - cheaper, quicker and better handling than a pug 306 - and that's saying something!!
gardenpeas
My Cars:

Post by gardenpeas »

i'm not a bad driver used to be but driving a light green ax spree has curbed my aggression it was the ax dimensions fault that dark green paint and sporty feel lol, i even stop for squirrels and ducklings now to let them cross the road i even find myself moaning about these teenagers in metro gta's "hooligans i say".
i just need a car that isn't a diesel has more power than ax and is safer when a young hooligan crashes into me [:)], plus looks good for the ladies and doesn't embaress me like a bright green ax spree does, plus the seat are crap and driving position, somewhere to put my left leg please Citroen when it's not on clutch
anymore comments about bus passes will result in pistols at dawn

saxo vtr any good i've never been too sure about how they have handled been abused by the previous owners
cheers
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by gardenpeas</i>

i just need a car that isn't a diesel has more power than ax and is safer when a young hooligan crashes into me [:)], plus looks good for the ladies and doesn't embaress me like a bright green ax spree does, plus the seat are crap and driving position, somewhere to put my left leg please Citroen when it's not on clutch
anymore comments about bus passes will result in pistols at dawn<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Xantia 2.0 turbo Activa
Looks nice enough with alloys & spoiler
Corners like its on rails
Petrol (nice and thirsty for you) & fast.
Air bag city - safe in the event you hit anyone.
A nice little foot rest for your left foot.[:D]
You could pick one up for less than a grand.
Oh yes - forgot - loads of room in the back in case you get lucky.