pink mayo

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

john alexander
My Cars:

pink mayo

Post by john alexander »

Hi I've already posted this on the renault forum but this one gets more attention.Does anyone know how to flush out the PAS system on a clio, my mates wife topped hers up with screen wash, hence pink mayo.Regards john.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Donno on these separate PAS pumps.
But I think it's more or less a question of using your fantasy.
You must find a way bleeding the system from a low point. Then top up with clean (correct !) fluid. I'm unsure if you can use any common automobile cleaner, like petrol, thinner or white spirit. My concern is the seals.
Why not try a Renault garage - at least by phone to get an estimate ?
If you're technical inclined, I'm dead sure they will help you with a brief instruction on how to do it at home.
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

Turkey baster to suck out what's in the resevoir. Take off the return pipe (the higher on the two) and redirest it into a catch tray. Get ready with serveral bottles of fluid and an assistant.
Get the assistant to start the car, and dump the fluid in as fast as you can. When you're getting clean fluid through, stop the engine (also stop it if you run the reservoir dry), reassemble and top it up again.
Twiss

Post by Twiss »

On arry Post instead of turning the engine on, shouldn't the fiuld circulate if u just jack the front of the car up and turn the wheels?
I am proberly wrong. but it was just a thought.
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

Unless the PS pump is turning, the fluid doesn't get pumped around the system. Turning the wheels doesn't move the fluid about.
You could pop the drive belt off, and turn the pump by hand if you want a more controlled fluid change though, and you wouldn't need an assistant.
john alexander
My Cars:

Post by john alexander »

Thanks for the help,just a trip to the scrappy to see how to get the resevoir out without breaking it. Regards John.