AX Cambelt again

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ItDontGo
My Cars:

AX Cambelt again

Post by ItDontGo »

As I said I would I change my AX's Cambelt yesterday. I remember now why I didn't want to do it.
The job would be straight forward IF that bloody clip wasn't obscuring the centre bolt on the centre belt cover and the centre belt cover actually came out from the side of the engine. There was a lot of why do I do this? It's unfair. I want my mummy... going on.
Anyway. Now its all back together it makes a funny whining noise. Its not the belt-too-tight-hum that you get sometimes its a real whine which varies with engine speed.
Part of the cover is loose because the bracket for the bolt has snapped off sometime in the past. So its possible that it has just allowed the cover to rub against a sprocket.
Also it used to have a slipping fanbelt sometimes so I did make sure that it went on tight and so would it whine if it went on too tight?
Any ideas folks?
beezer

Post by beezer »

The cover sounds most likely. I would remove it again even with the hassle involved and try running the engine without it. The process of elimination is a wonderful thing!
cheesesliceking

Post by cheesesliceking »

Cambelt Tensioner perhaps?