Replaced!!!!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Chris55000
My Cars:

Replaced!!!!!

Post by Chris55000 »

<font face="Tahoma">Hi Everyone!!!!!
I've given that wretched caliper - bolt up as a bad job and replaced the thing with a diesel one, a 1994 1.9TDSX.
However it's unfortunately absolutely <u><i><font color="brown">putrid</font id="brown"></i></u> with electrical gremlins, namely:-[:(]
1) Driver's door lock won't work - can I use the one from my old Xantia or are 1993/1994 locks different as a result of the deadlocking added 1994-on?[?]
2) No tacho - do I have to crawl underneath the thing to find the gearbox thingy or is there a more accessible likely cause?![?]
3) Half the dash lights out - tips for getting it out anyone?![?]
4) No heated rear window (indicator lamp on hrw switch out);[:(]
5) Heated seats don't - can anyone post the bit of circuit relavent from the Xantia 3.0i
Book of Lies please?![?]
6) No Horn!!![:(]
7) Heater blower works when it feel like it - How bad is it to get at the blower-motor
and the speed - control resistors?![?]
8) One non-electrical gremlin - starting from standstill with the engine idling I've to press the throttle slowly or the engine falters and clatters - will reconditioned injectors help this or will a bottle of the cleaner-stuff be all it needs - It seems to feel like ordinary diesel not turbo-diesel!!! - suggestions - its done 131,340 miles by the way!!![?]
<u><b><font color="green">Thanks to everyone who took the time and trouble to help me with those brakes </font id="green"></b></u> - I'll be using the old one for what bits I can save before I get the council to cart it away!!!!
Chris Williams[:)]</font id="Tahoma">
jason

Post by jason »

best advice is to get rid of car<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chris55000</i>

<font face="Tahoma">Hi Everyone!!!!!
I've given that wretched caliper - bolt up as a bad job and replaced the thing with a diesel one, a 1994 1.9TDSX.
However it's unfortunately absolutely <u><i><font color="brown">putrid</font id="brown"></i></u> with electrical gremlins, namely:-[:(]
1) Driver's door lock won't work - can I use the one from my old Xantia or are 1993/1994 locks different as a result of the deadlocking added 1994-on?[?]
2) No tacho - do I have to crawl underneath the thing to find the gearbox thingy or is there a more accessible likely cause?![?]
3) Half the dash lights out - tips for getting it out anyone?![?]
4) No heated rear window (indicator lamp on hrw switch out);[:(]
5) Heated seats don't - can anyone post the bit of circuit relavent from the Xantia 3.0i
Book of Lies please?![?]
6) No Horn!!![:(]
7) Heater blower works when it feel like it - How bad is it to get at the blower-motor
and the speed - control resistors?![?]
8) One non-electrical gremlin - starting from standstill with the engine idling I've to press the throttle slowly or the engine falters and clatters - will reconditioned injectors help this or will a bottle of the cleaner-stuff be all it needs - It seems to feel like ordinary diesel not turbo-diesel!!! - suggestions - its done 131,340 miles by the way!!![?]
<u><b><font color="green">Thanks to everyone who took the time and trouble to help me with those brakes </font id="green"></b></u> - I'll be using the old one for what bits I can save before I get the council to cart it away!!!!
Chris Williams[:)]</font id="Tahoma">
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Chris55000
My Cars:

Post by Chris55000 »

Hi!!!
Sorry Jason (& all forum chaps!!!)- not an option - I pushed the boat out wallet-wise to replace my last horror and I'm heartily fed up of train-rides and long tramps up hills and muddy lanes looking at cars!!! I particularly wanted SX as I don't carry anyone and like eleccy windows all round - (handy in winter or rainy weather) nearly all the cheapo diesels round here (Brum!!!) were LX, scabby as hell or way overpriced - the nearest good SX I found advertised reasonably - priced was at Pleasington - 90 miles away!!!!!!!![:(]
Given that I can use bits from my last horror I'd be very grateful of advice &'ll let you all know how I got on!!![:)]
PS!!! I've done two XUD timing belts myself fine but had a friend available to stick the bent rod in behind the starter the last two times - can it be done single-handed???!!![?]
Chris Williams
davethewheel

Post by davethewheel »

i would say all of those probs are just minor issues, i have replaced dashboard lights without removing steering wheel but you risk damage to some of the plastics, the rev counter will probably be the sensor and yes you will have to crawl under the car, i've changed the timing belt before by myself and its damn tricky to get the rod into the flywheel by yourself...but i can be done, sounds like you need to get the injectors re-tipped cost is around £80.00 a set around where i live....not sure about the rest of the faults but they all sound fairly minor.
broomie
My Cars:

Post by broomie »

As for starting and performance problem - do the simple first - Air filter, fuel filter and finallyinjector cleaner - try Forte.