Xantia Heater Fix

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

paulstow
My Cars:

Xantia Heater Fix

Post by paulstow »

For some while, the heater on my Xantia 2.0HDi has been fairly feeble and I was getting warm air to the face/screen vents and nothing to the footwells. Fans seemed to work ok, but otherwise not good in this winter weather.
After reading various posts I was dreaming of air locks, dead flaps, dodgy electrics etc etc. However, one or two suggested the pollen filter. After figuring out that they have designed it such that it slides off rather than having a screwed on cover ( as I remember it ), I was greeted with a shower of leaves.......
Having removed the filter altogether, awaiting a new part, I now have full heat again and need to take back everything I was thinking about french electrics!! I was surprised by the difference the filter makes to the temperature and air distribution ( the flow difference was expected ), so I hope this helps someone.
btw, is there anyway to avoid getting new keys ( with immobiliser transponder etc ) from the dealer. Citroen charge more than Jaguar for these!!
Cheers - Jez
'00 Xantia 2.0HDi estate
'01 2.0HDi Dispatch Van
'01 Jaguar XKR
'68 MGB roadster
dan.2cv
My Cars:

Post by dan.2cv »

The pollen filter filters both fresh and recycled air, so I'ts being used all the time. A Citroen guy once told me it's important to change them as recommended (anually) as blocked filters will put a strain on the blower.
Can't help with the keys, I'd be interested to know too.
den
My Cars:

Post by den »

Does ALL Xantias have a pollen filter ? A while back I was intending to replace the one in my 1995 1.9TDSX but after following instructions in the Haynes manual I couldn't find one or see where one is supposed to be [:I]
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

Only Xantias with aircon have pollen filters. They are situated under/behind the glovebox.
den
My Cars:

Post by den »

Thanks Richard, Mine doesn't have aircon no wonder I can't find the filter [:I]
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

I change mine every 6 months, here's why....
I know when it's ready for change as the interior has a stale smell and a damp feel.