REMOTE BATTERY

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Well you certainly have to have your eyes about you if you go into a watchmakers over here (Sweden) - the wife had driven the XM to a town about 100 km away to attend a course (work). When she came back to the car, the remote was dead. None of the door locks work manually any more so she was stuck. She phoned me and I suggested she look for a watchmakers, since the time was getting on (17.30). She found one nearby who actually had the batteries (CR 2032). They wanted £5 each! (there are 2 batteries) however, the situation being what it was, ther was no option. He even offered to fit the batteries to the key, which the wife accepted - then he charged another £5 for fitting! She didn't dare tell me until the following day. I exploded and rang up the Ba!*t#¤d and told him what a greedy parasite he was! However, it wsn't worth driving 200 km just to ring his neck.
We both now carry 2 spare encapsulated batterys in our wallets/purses!
//NiSk
Wookey
(Donor 2019)
My Cars: Peugeot Expert 1.9D (Camper conversion) (2003-now)

Post by Wookey »

Another good place to buy these batteries is http://www.cpc.co.uk/ which sells even more stuff than Maplins, and usually significantly cheaper (electrics, electronics, computer stuff, white goods spares, car accessories). I've been using them for a decade now and have spent a lot of money there! Order up to 6pm and usually get it next day. If you are in preston you can go there in person.
Oystercatcher
My Cars:

Post by Oystercatcher »

Another good place is 7dayshop....
eg CR1620
http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product ... ts_id=6896
CR2025
http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product ... ts_id=6897
Both are twin-packs, i.e. £1.45 for two [8D]
There'll be postage to add, but I'm sure you can find plenty of other things to justify it, just look at the prices of NiMH rechargeables [:D]
Alan
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Nisk
Your story reminds me of the time I had to fix my brothers car.
I collected it from him, and took it home, so next day I could put it on one of the two poster ramp at work, and carry out a service etc.
He did not report any problems with it, but a few miles from home the exhaust dropped off, due to the weld failing at the downpipe.
I was not very pleased with having to get out, and under to mess about with the car to attend to this in the dark, and wet.
As it was not my car I did not have any tools in it, I knew the best way to deal with it was to cable tie the system up, and carry on back to home, where I could fix it properly !
With nothing in the car at all, I went to a motorists accessory shop, a small tiny one, where although they had cable ties they were not small, but very large, and not cheap !
Now, I carry extra things, tools and equipment in any car I am driving without fail, including cable ties, and spare remote batteries. [:)]
crapday
My Cars:

Post by crapday »

asda sells CR 2032 wich fit in my fob £1.49 each