Another ZX prob...the damn handbrake!!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Bl0wie

Another ZX prob...the damn handbrake!!!

Post by Bl0wie »

Right, i'll try not to confuse you all!!!
My Handbrake dosen't work, i took the car to kwik fit and they discovered that one of the springs on the rear offside brake assembly was snapped in half. The buggers wanted to charge me 175 quid to replace a spring!! The shoes and drum are in good nick and i bought a new fitting kit to replace the spring myself..(£3.10!!!!!!!!) I removed the hub earlier today and found the clip that the spring attaches to is missing (the spring thats runs vertically). I find anyone who sells this clip! if noone has the foggiest which clip i'm on about mail me at seanxhammond@hotmail.com and i'll mail you a pic of the part i'm after.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

I know as a last resort that Halfruads do a complete brake kit made by Ferodo. They come with all the bits, main springs and backing plate springs. Also can you post a picky on the site?There's instructions if you do a search of this forum.
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

I don't mean to be funny, but have you tried your local Cit dealer's parts department? I know they can be no use whatsoever at times, but they must be your best bet. If you can identify which make of brakes you have, and take some broken parts along, you should be OK. Unless your dealer is particularly hopeless like mine is, in which case try another - they aren't all like that.