ZX passenger door won't lock on central locking

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Bl0wie

ZX passenger door won't lock on central locking

Post by Bl0wie »

We have a J plate ZX advantage, one of the many problems i have is that the front passenger door doesn't lock or unlock on the central locking, we can lock it with the key, but again the cenral locking to the rest of the car doesn't respond!! Any ideas and is it easy to fix. Ta guys in advance. Oh happy new year!
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

When you lock the car from the door in question, does it unlock again???
If it doesn't sounds like one of the metal rods inside the door has come adrift ... Try removing the door card and see if any rods are loose/not attached.
The Peugeot/Citroen locking systems has an electronic "Box" on the front doors, that lock/unlock, and also to a Door shut check. If a door is not shut it will unlock if you try to lock it. As I said if its locking OK, it could be one of 3 or 4 rods loose.
Good luck
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

This may be a bit dumb but here we go:
1 - Can you hear the motor inside the door moving? If so the rods inside the door may not be connected.
2 - If not, Is the connector on the door hinge side actually connected, or is it dirty?
3 - If you remove the door card, is the central locking motor mechanism actually connected up or even present at all? (im presuming you have only just aquired the car, and being a J plate, it may have had a replacement door)
4 - If its all connected up and still doesnt work, its possible the central locking motor in the door is broken (experienced a similar problem in my old ZX estate, the motor was knackard - a replacement cost about £5 from a scrap yard)
This may all be useless, but its what id do...
Simon
goose
My Cars:

Post by goose »

do the rest of the electrics in the door work??
if they do then its a motor or linkage fault
if they dont then it could be a loose connection on the pillar.