Xantia Plip..Old one, but..

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

philhoward

Xantia Plip..Old one, but..

Post by philhoward »

...What have I done wrong?
Removed the battery to charge it, reconnected it a day later, but now the alarm keeps going off (got the sounder switched off under the bonnet, so just flashing lights), and it won't lock/unlock the doors. Tried reprogramming the plip like so:
1) close all doors
2) Turn ignition to ist position (Batt light on only)
3) Fire the flip about 2" away from the receiver for 10 seconds (although the light only comes on for about 1 sec)
4) Turn ign off, try plip, no good...Open door, lights start flashing again...
Did I miss something out when i reconnected the battery?
The plip used to work before the battery went flat on the car. The plip's got new batteries as well.
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Yes.
When you connect the battery the FIRST thing you must do is reset the alarm.
Inside the car on the DASH, on the right side of the steering colum, there will be 3 switches (IF ITS A SX TRIM) of the few there should be one that shows a type of speaker with a cross over it.
What you need to do is connect the battery, then as quickly as possible go into the car switch on the ignition WHILE HOLDING the speaker with a cross on it button!!!
This will reset the alarm if your PLIP doesn't work
Other wise if your plip works, open a door and press your plip so the car locks and unlocks again..
Good luck
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

Managed to do the alarm...Step 1 acomplished!
Tried to re-programm the Plip again, but still no joy...one for tomorrow perhaps.
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Hi. Well done!! Ok. PLIP now. You have two keys I presume. Put the "ordinary" key in ignition and turn on till all lights on dash come on (i think) 2nd click.
Point yur plip at the roof reciver and with the rear most button, thats the one that activates the deadlocks NOT THE ONE THAT LOCKS THE CAR!! press the rear button on the plip and hold it for around 15 seconds... Switch off and try. If this doesn't work, try the same but with the Locking button (forward button). If it still fails, remove your reciver in the roof and reconnect ... Good luck