ZX Engines (again)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rossnunn
My Cars:

ZX Engines (again)

Post by rossnunn »

Right, is there somewhere on tinternet where I could find out performance figures for all the Cit/Pug range including power graphs?
Cheers
Ross
By the way has anyone else noiced how much room there is behind the front volcane style bumper? mmm intercooler me wonders
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

Ive never found power graphs for any zx engines other than 1 for a slightly modified 16v but I know all of the raw figures if you need
ps: theres a 2 litre 8v turbo engine on ebay atm re: your thread in the peugeot section. Only 150bhp but they are so mildly tuned you could turn the boost up a fair bit without touching anything else to eeek some more bhp
You should see behind the bumper in my supra, the bonnets so long its a joke but then theres another 2/3 of a foot with nothing in to the front of the bumper! all the oil coolers/air con coolers etc are behind that.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

have you got the link handy, I'm too lazy to go look! lol
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

DarkendViper

Post by DarkendViper »

On a similar topic does anyone know if these will drop into a ZX? I got a 5 door 1.9i sat in the garage and <i>need</i> something to tinker with/play about with.
I've also got a 3 door 2.0i 8v. The main thing that concerns me is the engine mounting points. Can anyone confirm whether they are the same? The engine codes for the 2.0i 8v is XU10J2 something and the 2.0i Turbo is XU10J2 something again.
I've looked at pictures and can't find any detailed enough to really look and compare.
Thanks
Ste
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

Should all be the same. The 2 litre 8v and 2 litre turbo is the same engine. Its only the smaller citroens that have different mounts ie the saxo's. Ive got a bx 1.9 in my visa for example. You will have to think about wiring, driveshafts, exhausts, cooling and so on however so not quite that simple :)