BX Heater

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ian Fearn
My Cars:

BX Heater

Post by Ian Fearn »

My heater has been a constant problem with my car since i got it.
First the hot/cold control snapped off and now the blower unit seems to have packed up.
Is this easy to change?
I'm inclined to do a full revamp on the heater now as the problem with the hot/cold control appears to be a metal hinge/bracket under the drivers footwell. Its ok when the heater is warm but when cold is locked solid. Anybody got any advice?
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

I make sure I leave the thing in the on position overnight and make a point of turning it back and forth regularly, mine was stuck up with radweld or something but has got easier, use it or lose it!
Stewart
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Your blower fan may still be working- mine has a dodgy connection somewhere and occasionally packs up but a good wallop gets it going again!!
The fault appears to be in the fan unit itself but I haven't had the time to dismantle it for a proper fix.
As oilyspanner says, work the heater valve every day, even in the summer- it also helps with flushing the matrix when it otherwise wouldn't be used!!!!
I think it sticks inside the valve rather than anywhere else- crud, limescale, whatever, and regular movement is the only thing that keeps it free.